Affiliate Disclaimer: This site is supported by its visitors. We may earn a commission for purchases made through the links on our site, this helps to keep everything running smoothly. Learn More
Is shared or VPS hosting just not doing the job for you anymore? Do you require a more powerful and customisable web hosting solution? Then Dedicated Hosting is the answer for you. With a dedicated hosting solution you have full control over your server specifications so you can tailor it exactly to your requirements.
Not sure where to start when looking for a dedicated hosting provider in Canada? Well we have done the research and hard work already and the results of our findings into the best dedicated hosting providers in Canada are listed below. Enjoy.
Dedicated Server Hosting Canada: Our Top
#1 Web Hosting Canada
Huge range of servers and configurations available with great performance, speed and decent pricing. Web Hosting Canada is your number 1 pick for quality service for all your dedicated hosting requirements.
Dedicated Server Hosting in Canada, do you really need it?
Gone are the days wherein a business could thrive with little or no online presence. Nowadays, not only do many companies conduct the bulk of their business digitally, but even organizations that provide real-life, in-person services benefit from the professional online presence. This is largely because, in today’s world, the majority of people opt for searching the web to find services, instead of pulling out an old phone book. With such a strong and constantly growing emphasis on internet content in order for companies to succeed, it becomes incredibly important for folks to dedicate time and energy to find the best Canadian web hosting solution for their needs. And while no two businesses require the same type of support or systems, dedicated hosting is a viable option that promises high-quality results for a wide variety of clients.
What Is Dedicated Hosting?
Dedicated Hosting is relatively self-explanatory in title. Within this hosting configuration, an entire server is dedicated to one client and that client alone.
Unlike many other types of servers, such as shared servers which act as the host to many clients or VPS hosting that mimics a dedicated server while still serving multiple clients, a dedicated host can provide top notch service to its users and gives a company immense freedom to customize and control the experience they want to create for clients. A company can rent or purchase their own specific system, and the servers can typically be set up on-site at a business location or stored and managed externally by a data center.
Pros and Cons of a Dedicated Server
- The primary allure of this type of hosting system is how much control a company gains over the server and how that server is utilized. A Dedicated Hosting Server allows you to tailor the server specifically to the type of business you are running and the needs of your clients. It gives you the power to create high-caliber experiences for server users and, in turn, can assist in building a solid client base and successful brand.
- There is plenty of room to do the work you need to and even more room for growth. With dedicated hosting, you retain a certain amount of bandwidth without ever having to consider or be affected by other clients pulling from that same space. The RAM and storage you have available is all yours.
- Along that same line, a dedicated hosting server means that you won’t need to fight against other users during times of high traffic. There will be fewer issues with lagging or infringement on your code from other users. Less congestion means better business.
- You will be able to customise your security protocol to fit the specific needs of your business. With shared servers, the security measures enacted may be unnecessary or inadequate for some of the users. But with dedicated hosting, the anti-virus and firewall protocol enacted is entirely your own.
- While dedicated hosting means that a specific amount of storage is reserved, generally there are options to purchase or rent additional space if the time arises when your business requires more bandwidth to grow.
- The biggest downside, and often a primary reason folks opt for a solution other than a dedicated server, is the cost. Typically, dedicated hosting is more expensive than other server solutions because of the amount of bandwidth being secured for one user alone. While this is the case, it is important to consider how much your company could benefit financially in the long run from having a dedicated server. It may just be worth the investment and annual fees.
- With dedicated hosting, the server you purchase or rent is essentially a super computer. That means that hardware issues may occur from time to time that need to be addressed, can be expensive to remedy, and can interrupt the flow of business momentarily while issues are addressed. If your server is offsite at a data center, there may be a team provided by the center to fix your server. If you opt to store your server onsite at your business location, there will be additional expenses to have it fixed before operations can resume as normal.
- Dedicated hosting may not be for the weak of heart or the unskilled in IT. The servers themselves are relatively complicated and intricate pieces of equipment, so it is important to understand the inner-workings the systems or secure an IT professional before going down this path.
Here are some common questions about Dedicated Hosting
What type of company benefits from dedicated hosting?
Any company can benefit from a dedicated hosting server, but some have greater need than others. Typically, web designers seeking reseller hosting, companies whose websites regularly have high-volume traffic, and large organisations who desire utmost control over their server would do well with dedicated hosting.
Will I have root access to my dedicated server?
Almost always. This obviously depends on the specific host company, but it is typical for users to have or be able to request root access to their server when they want it.
How much bandwidth is standard for a dedicated server?
All host companies are different, and all users have different needs depending on the business they intend to operate from their server. A gaming company will require a different level of bandwidth than that of a small business. Research your industry and choose a dedicated server provider to fit your specific needs.